Friday, August 30, 2019

CURB Appetite, GROW Nails, GET Regular, FEEL Full

Eat This Simple Meal & Curb Appetite, Feel Fuller Faster, Grow Nails, & Gain Better Regularity. Do you want to curb your appetite? Trying to cut back on your bread intake? Want to feel full after a few bites?

This meal has proven to do that for me this week, plus why my nails are growing!
A sweet potato, broccoli, & John Soule's Chicken Grilled Strips (precooked).
So easy. Microwave in 2 mins. (precook the sweet potatoes microwaved 6 mins).  

I love how this simple meal is signalling to my brain I am full, just after a few bites of this meal. Please realize that when you are eating alot of processed, canned &/or junk foods; the chemicals, additives, perservatives, etc. in those foods are confusing our brain signals, per something I read last month. Sorry, did not note the site link. But, I must agree. When I have eaten other meals with lots of processed stuff & junk foods, I often couldn't feel full; so I kept eating. It was like my brain was not receiving any signal that I was full. 

I was also eating for flavor & to curb stress. And the most flavorful food I had been choosing, seemed to be the most addicting. Some processed foods are addictive as they have enhanced flavors, heightening cravings for more.

 Now, I seek meals that are more natural so my body gets the messages it was meant to. I guess the goal going forward for me is to keep finding more of this type food combo and reduce processed/junk foods. But even though my simple meal did have a precooked meat, processed; the balance of broccoli & sweet potatoes (from the produce dept) was the right combo to offset it. More balanced meals, please!

By DPearce © 2019. Edited 8 26 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment